Skip to main content

Featured

The day we met...

  Photo by  Filipe Delgado  from  Pexels John 4:1-42 13  Jesus answered,  “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again,   14  but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The last time they saw her  She was unclean and vile Her unholy status Was known for miles Even she knew her worth - It showed in her smile Her eyes Her walk Her taste in lifestyle The last time she saw Him He sat with simple humility He saw her present condition And her darkest history And he did not turn away But indulged her company And he enlightened And revealed Truth in quiet authority The last time He saw her Her shallow heart opened up When she tasted the water Of life he poured into her cup When he showed her his wisdom Her paradigm did erupt She must tell of this Man Whose words Could purge all as hyssop The last time they met at the well. Prayer:  Maybe I can speak of the first time we me

ad 2

Be careful little mouth what you say....


 Matthew 4:4

Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.


Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words can reach the soul
And establish or demolish the hearer of it
Depending on the story that is told

The tale festers and brews and churns
Until we believe - whether truth or lie
And when the heart is full of it 
It is spewed out to the hearer
His spirit then to live or die

Such is the strength of the tongue
And she who learns to control it 
Is perfect in all her ways
But it requires a will that doesn't bend
During the happiest or worst of days

If bread is food for the body
Word is food for the mind
And a crucial cycle it creates
For the word spoken creates thoughts
And the thoughts thought create beliefs
And the beliefs known create emotions
And the emotions felt become reality
And the reality experienced becomes who we are 
In our heart and out of it the mouth speaks...

So choose this day, I will, 
The smallest of words I will bear 
To write or to think
Or to utter or to hear 
For void is no word
Faith comes from what's heard
Better am I then, to hold Love's words dear


Prayer: Lord with your words you created the world 🌎and declared it was goodπŸ‘. You are always careful with your words! What you have spoken about me and others is no slip of the tongue. They are powerful πŸ’ͺ. They are true. They create and lift up and teach and protect and destroy πŸ”₯. May I always believe the words you have said about me when words of condemnation, pride, hate, doubt, fear and anxiety pass through my heart and mind πŸ™…. May I always believe the words you have spoken about others when words of condemnation, pride, hate, doubt, fear and insecurity want to leave my lips against another human being πŸ™Š. May I be ever conscious of the words I let enter my being whether from my favorite tv showπŸ“Ί, radio program, novels πŸ“š, memes and internet content because it will eventually determine my culture of self and make me who I am. May I always speak words that bring grace and mercy and love πŸ™Œto myself and those around me and in times of sickness and despair πŸ˜“ and challenge speak the things that are not as though they are 😌...words of praise, words of faith, words of truth...Your words. Amen...











Comments

Popular Posts